Monday 18 January 2016

Jan 18th Norwich

Last night, while trying to get to sleep, I heard a strange noise outside. 'Woop woop woop woop woop!!' What was that? An owl having a fit? I looked out the window, but saw nothing. I went back to bed. It was past 1am when I heard it again. This time it was much closer and much louder than previously. I looked out again. This time I saw it. I had seen the culprit rush through the gate and across the car park outside my flat. I only got a glimpse of it in the light before it wandered around the darkness of the car park. It was a fox!

I rushed into my living room to get my camera, but it was pretty much gone when I came back. All I could do is record the noise in the darkness, which you can hear below. Why is it making these strange noises anyway? Well, at this time of year, vixens are calling out to attract a mate. It means that she is in heat. It really does sound unusual doesn't it?

I have yet to photograph a fox and it is high on my list for things I want to achieve this year. I don't see foxes very often here in Norwich, mainly because I am always asleep when they are around. Who knows, maybe it will show up again tonight! I should keep my camera in my bedroom with me next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment