Friday 26 August 2016

Naturalists On The Spectrum

Last month, I was contacted by a reporter called James Fair from BBC Wildlife Magazine who wanted to interview me for an article in the magazine. He wanted to know what it was like being an autistic naturalist to follow up an interview he did with Chris Packham, who recently revealed that he was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome. I was happy to have my say about life with autism and how it effects me as a naturalist to add to what he has learnt from other autistic people that he had interviewed for this article. Today, my copy of the September issue of the magazine came through my door. And here it is! Enjoy! (And yes, the part about identifying bird song and listening to heavy metal music at the same time is completely true). Thank you James for including me in this interesting article and I hope it inspires so many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment