Monday, 17 October 2016

My Gloucestershire Holiday (Part 1)

Our view from near our cottage in Nailsworth
This week, I have moved from east to west of England to the county of Gloucestershire. I am on holiday with my parents, but my holiday is more about visiting family rather than for bird watching. Both my brothers have moved out here recently. Yesterday, we travelled across the country to Wiltshire to see Frazer, his wife Laura and my baby niece Ava. On the way we saw about four red kites above the M4. After spending time with Ava and her family, we made our way to our rented cottage in Nailsworth. The road leading to the cottage is rather narrow and high up a hill, but the scenery is wonderful.




Nailsworth Mill




Pittville Park, Cheltenham
Today, we were at Cheltenham to see my younger brother Jake, who is here for his second year studying at the University of Gloucestershire. He gave us a sort of guided tour of the town. This included a walk through Pittville Park with its beautiful lake full of reflections of autumnal colours from the surrounding trees. The walk gave me a quick wildlife fix for the day.


Black-headed Gull
Grey Squirrel
Coot
Great Crested Grebe
Mallard
Magpie

Cheltenham Racecourse
More stunning views

No comments:

Post a Comment