Friday 23 October 2015

Oct 23rd Norwich

Autumn on my street
The colours on the trees are absolutely superb around my neighbourhood at the moment. This evening, I went for a short walk round the block to capture this remarkable autumn colour that dazzle the streets before the light faded. Most of these trees are London planes, lime, cherries and silver birches, which provided a mixture of reds, browns, greens and yellows and a wide range of shapes.

The Lime Tree adjacent to my flat
London Plane leaf

My favourite Beech Tree on my street
My favourite tree, and possibly king of my neighbourhood, is this magnificent beech. At this time of year, its leaves turn a gorgeous copper-yellow colour and there are thousands of them covering its huge limbs like a bronzen cloak. It is a giant of a tree with an amazing root system that looks like a labyrinth poking above the ground's surface. I truly love this tree and hope it stays there for a very long time.









Cherry Tree




Slver Birch





Don't know what it is, but the leaves look like butterflies to me
Woodpigeon

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sean your butterfly tree is a Ginko Bilboa . I also think the leaves look like butterflies.
    If it's near your home and it drops any of its leaves I'd love it if you could bring a few in to Strumpshaw for me?

    ReplyDelete