Friday 25 March 2016

March 25th Eaton Park

Daffodils
Family matters this Good Friday as I joined mine for an Easter egg hunt at Eaton Park today. I was here with my parents, my two brothers, my future sister-in-law, my uncle, two of his sons and my only female cousin on my mother's side of the family. It was quite a family affair. The egg hunt was really for my youngest cousin to do, which was mostly situated around the bandstand area of the park. It was very popular!

My little cousin, Tyler on an egg hunt!
One of the boating lakes at Eaton Park
The park was packed with people and the wildlife was few and far between. I found most of the birds away from the crowds in the quieter corners of the park. Eaton Park is perhaps Norwich's most beautiful of recreation parks. It isn't well known for its wildlife, but it does have a couple of large boating lakes with one full of fish. The warmth of the sun was glorious and we sat to watch the model boats sailing or whizzing about on the surface of the second lake.

Fish
Two sleepy Mallards
Cherry blossom
Glory-of-the-snow
The dry water feature
We had lunch on one of the benches surrounding a water feature that wasn't running. In the trees around this area of the park, I could hear siskins, coal tits, goldcrests, greenfinches, goldfinches and chaffinches singing or calling. Here are some of the birds that I managed to photograph today...








Song Thrush


Starling
Woodpigeon
Chaffinch

No comments:

Post a Comment