Monday 7 March 2016

March 7th Norwich

Snow outside my window this morning
I was going to go out on another birdwatching trip today, but I ended up cancelling it due to the weather. I awoke to the sight of snow when I opened the curtains this morning. Though it was mainly covering the roofs, trees and cars on my street, there were still more flurries of flakes swirling down from the sky, enough to cause a standstill on the roads. There were several accidants across Norfolk too, so travelling to a nature reserve was out of the question. In the end, we went swimming instead.

I was hoping that the snow would remain when I got back for me to go to my local park to get some photos of it and the wildlife in it. But while at the pool, the sun came out and the snow quickly disappeared completely. I was annoyed and wished I had stayed to photograph it while I had a chance instead of going swimming. To let off some steam, I decided to go for a walk in the park anyway. This turned out to be a mistake, as the sun quickly vanished just like the snow did and it started raining in several on-off showers. It turned out to be a bad day for me, but I did manage to get some photos of the local wildlife while risking a mild soaking.

Immature Common Gull
Woodpigeon
Great Tit
Blackbird
Greenfinch
Chaffinch
Cherry Blossom
Rain!
Robin
Feral Pigeon
Daffodils
Collard Dove
Greenfinch

No comments:

Post a Comment