Monday 9 April 2018

Blog Update: My Progress So Far!

Just another quick update for you. I am slowly but surely making good progress on re-uploading the missing photos back onto the posts. So far, all the posts from January-March 2018 are complete and the majority of posts between October-December 2017 have also got their photos back. However, it hasn't been easy and a few posts did cause a few headaches on what picture was labelled what, especially the ones that had fungi in them. So if you happen to know your fungi, could you look through my old posts and make sure I've got everything correct (Oct 10th Mousehold Heath is the main one to check out).

Please note that both My 2017: Review Of The Year and My Great East Anglian Bug Hunt posts do not have all their photos yet as I am adding them as soon as I reach the original posts where these photos came from. I'm still working backwards through time towards the last post effected (My French Adventure - Part 7). I'm currently on the September 2017 posts and slowly making my way towards July 2016. Just a few hundred posts and a possibly over a thousand photos to sort out! Yay!

Lastly, there had been a series of posts that had been on my mind that I feared the worst for. My Gloucestershire Holiday was a 5 part series featuring my week in the west English counties in October 2016. When I created these posts, I was using my mum's laptop and did not keep them to store on my computer. The worst scenario has happened as since then, Mum had her laptop 'restored', meaning that all those photos from that week are lost from her laptop completely. Luckily, I happened to upload some of these photos from two of that week's main highlight days to a Facebook group at that time and some how I've managed to find the albums they were in through the many pages of other albums on there. I was able to save these photos from there and use them for the posts that they were originally from. However, this meant that the 5 part series is now only a 2 parter. I had to delete the other 3 parts and rewrite the remaining two parts slightly.

I am sad that I had to delete those 3 posts, but I'm not completely mad about it as they were short and not exactly the most exciting or had many photos of wildlife in them. So you weren't missing much. There are still many posts on this blog to read and I'm doing the best I can to revive as many as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment