Friday 31 August 2018

Aug 30th Brandon Park

Red Admiral
Yesterday (Aug 30th), I was at Brandon Park with my parents and my 2 year-old niece, Ava. It was the first time I've been somewhere with Ava that is not a zoo or aquarium. She wasn't completely well and was a bit grumpy with our short walk. The walk itself wasn't very exciting wildlife wise and was mostly spent trying to cheer Ava up. So, I wasn't sure if to post about this or not. However, there were a few decent photos too good not to share, including a few of a female mandarin duck. There was also a moment in which Ava took some interest in a giant redwood and a monkey puzzle tree that was part of the park's tree walk, in which she hugged them with me and my dad. She seems to be growing into loving nature pretty fast.

White-tailed Bumblebee
Brimstone
Ava encountering some inquisitive Mallards
Female Mandarin Duck
Tree of Heaven seed pods 

No comments:

Post a Comment