Tuesday 21 April 2020

April 21st Catton Park

Bluebells
With lockdown in continuation, I haven't really been doing too much other than staying home and play videogames and heading out to work for the odd shift. So today, as it was a really nice day, I went out to meet up with Mum for a walk around my local park again. A lot has changed since the last time I was here at the start of the month. Bluebells are now in bloom, leaves are now covering the trees, more butterflies are on the wing and the birds are singing in the trees. Together, along with the warm sunshine, there's a sense of peace and happiness. Walking around the park, I could forget about the pandemic and lose myself in the sights, sounds and colours of nature.

Holly Blue
Blackcap
Large Red Damselfly
While I was at the park, I managed to spot a large red damselfly, the first member of the dragonfly family to usually emerge in the UK. It is a fairly common, though often overlooked species, but in these days of isolation, I get to really appreciate its beauty more than I had before. It is the same with a lovely purple flower called honesty. The flowers are really magnificent when you take a closer look. A walk like this really makes you open up your senses to the natural world in times like these. I am just glad the British government is allowing parks to stay open. This is really one of the few places I can still go to right now. I wouldn't know what I'd do if the gates were to close on my local parks.
Honesty

No comments:

Post a Comment