Tuesday 4 January 2022

My Bird Bucket List Challenge 2022

Two years ago, I was trying to do a challenge in which I wanted to photograph as many species of bird that I've never gotten a photo of before. Due to the lockdowns, that challenge was sadly cut short. It started well too as I managed to get a photo of a tawny owl in the day at Ipswich and a great grey shrike in the Forest of Dean just to name a few. A few extras have been added since then, of course. However, I want this year to be the one I really have a good go in finding some others to my photo collection book that I have made for myself. I have started this challenge already with an Iceland gull at Cley (you can read all about it later this month) and this has me hyped into finding more new birds.

So, what is on my bucket list? Which birds do I still need a photo of? Well, let's have a look...
Black-throated diver 
Great northern diver
Sooty, Balearic & Cory's shearwaters
Leach's petrel
Storm petrel
Black guillemot
Little auk
Roseate tern 
Black tern
Arctic skua
Pomarine skua
Long-tailed skua
Great skua (basically all the sea birds as I find them tough to photograph)
Dotterel
Red-necked phalarope
Woodcock (during the day)
Quail
Long-eared owl
Nightjar
Hen harrier
Montagu's harrier
Goshawk
Merlin
Lesser spotted woodpecker
Ring ouzel 
Nightingale
Lesser whitethroat
Wood warbler
Yellow-browed warbler
Pied flycatcher
Willow tit
Not only this but also any rare migrants that may show up.

I want at least one decent photo of any these birds a month. It would be impressive to get all of them, but I'll be more satisfied if I'd get just a few of them. If you want to help me out, let me know. I've also got something big planned in May if things go to plan which will definitely boost my list with birds not even on this list. Finger's crossed we don't get any more lockdowns or any other bad thing that could possibly force me to abandon this challenge like in 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment