Friday 5 April 2019

Blog Update

As you may know, as I was uploading photos to my March 30th post at Cley, my storage on Google Photos ran out again. I'm in a dilemma at the moment. Google Photos is where Blogger stores my photos online. I could buy new storage, but I'm not exactly made of money right now. What I was thinking of doing is to delete each photo individually from Google Photos and replace them with photos that have reduced pixels and to be more selective of what I put on my blog from now on. However, Google Photos is making me want to slam my head against a wall! It is not allowing me to do what I want to do and now I'm not sure what to do.

Last year, when this situation happened before, I accidentally lost every photo on my blog dating from July 2016 - March 2018. I spent months bringing them back from my PC. It was a long and boring method and I sure don't want to repeat it again. So, here's my predicament. Do I delete every photo in one album at a time on Google Photos (which has over a thousand photos in each, dating from 2016 - 2019), and start again while being more selective than before, a task that I am dreading in doing or do I quit this blog for good? I could continue this blog with just text and maybe the occasional video, but I'm not sure if it will make the same impact as it did with photos.

So what do I do now? I'll be waiting for your feedback.

In other news, my emperor moths are now emerging from their cocoons. The first one, a male, emerged on Monday. Yesterday, I had 3 more males plus a female that sadly failed to develop properly and died this morning. The males are released into the wild at Mousehold, though one did get attacked by a robin as it made its first flight from my finger. I don't think the robin ate it though. This afternoon, more success as currently I have 4 females successfully emerged and ready for release. In total, as it stands, I've had 4 males and 4 females with only one death before release. It has been a very busy week, though it is a shame that I can't show you pictures of them.

2 comments:

  1. As a temporary, or even a permanent measure, can you open an additional Google account with another e mail address and continue with your blog? If so you could cross reference it to the old one. It would provide you with a means to keep going with it and also give some time to look at a long term solution.
    I see you have the originals on your PC, I presume you have them backed up somewhere as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the Google options. It looks as if you can have 100gb for 20 dollars annually.

    ReplyDelete