Wednesday 5 December 2018

Dec 5th Strumpshaw Fen

View from Reception Hide today
Yet another rainy Wednesday at Strumpshaw! Unlike last week though, I avoided getting soaked this time as I managed to get a lift to the reserve this morning. This meant that I had no time for my usual walk before my shift, not that it was pleasant to do so to begin with. So, I spent my morning inside the Reception Hide watching the ducks with great excitement (not really). There was, however, a moment when they rushed out of the left channel, making me think that an otter was about. There wasn't. The best highlight of the day was when at least 200 or so pink-footed geese made a brief flyover. I also saw a treecreeper outside the hide and the marsh harriers were showing well as usual, but other than that it was quite a dull, gloomy day.
Mallard
Shovelers
Teal
Gadwall
Cobber the Black Swan
Cobber and a Cormorant
Cormorant
Greylags
Coot
Pink-footed Geese
Marsh Harrier

No comments:

Post a Comment